The purpose of the Technology Missions is to enable students to broaden their technological horizon for two weeks, while developing skills to work in a multidisciplinary team.
When visiting universities and businesses in the host country, students will discover different approaches and models in management, innovation, engineering education, interpersonal skills, and more.
Participants prepare intensely for weekly seminars that include interviews with experts from the host country. These pre-departure learnings are then validated in the field in the companies and universities visited.
The team will have to put together a sponsorship plan and each participant must work actively to develop partnerships with the industry community for a value equivalent to at least $ 1,000 per member.
Interested students must complete the form including a cover letter and a CV, in French or in English.
Students invited for an interview will have to:
- Make a presentation in French using the Pecha-Kucha method;
- Choose a company or university they would like to visit during the mission;
- Answer interview questions in both French and English;
- Be available to begin the preparatory meetings in October 2018.
Obligations and responsibilities
- Attend all preparatory meetings, from November to May: approximately one to two hours per week, plus personal work.
- Perform all the tasks necessary to complete the mission including those requested by the project leaders before, during and after the mission. The total duration of the mission project as a whole is approximately one year, including preparation and return tasks.
- Sample tasks: readings, video editing, budget preparation, partner meeting, event organization, mission logistics, blog writing, final report writing, presentations.
- Respect all group and ÉTS regulations during the mission: sharing of tasks, clothing, choice of accommodation, role of ÉTS ambassador, etc.
- Hold a valid passport for at least 6 months after the mission.
For more information, join us on September 27th, 2018 in the Atrium of the Student House for an information meeting.
If you are unable to attend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for registration: October 1st, 2018 at 23:59